The Great Escape: Sands Bethlehem Casino
Sunny this morning…then partly sunny with a slight chance of showers and thunderstorms this afternoon.
Related Poker News:
- Bets drop at Sands Casino Resort Bethlehem in first full week
- Sands Casino Resort Bethlehem Set to Officially Open its Doors on May 22
- Sands Casino Resort Bethlehem takes in $20 million in August as Mount Airy revenue dwindles
- Steeled for slots
- Analyst: Credit crunch forcing Sands to focus on casinos
- Sands Casino Resort Bethlehem announces charities to benefit from slot test days
- Bethlehem officials say city ready for good, bad Sands Casino Resort will bring
- Sands Casino in Bethlehem opens hotel
- Bethlehem Sands casino gets official welcome today
- Banned gambler arrested at Sands Casino Resort Bethlehem
- All things Sands
- Phillipsburg man admits to cheating at Sands Casino Resort Bethlehem
Interesting gambling information:
- 1941: The Strip gets its first luxury hotel. El Rancho Vegas sets the trend for many of the themed resorts that sprout along the Strip in later years.
1942: The first wedding chapel, the Little Church of the West, opens on the Strip in the Last Frontier Hotel.
- Catholics were found to be more likely to gamble than Protestants and other religious groups. Catholics were also found to be less likely to disapprove of gambling than other religious groups.
- French mathematician Blaise Pascale is often credited with inventing the roulette wheel as a result of his experiments with perpetual motion machines.
- The most popular form of charitable gambling is bingo. In California, bingo is the only charitable game that is legal.