The Great Escape: Sands Bethlehem Casino
Sunny this morning…then partly sunny with a slight chance of showers and thunderstorms this afternoon.
Related Poker News:
- Bets drop at Sands Casino Resort Bethlehem in first full week
- Sands Casino Resort Bethlehem Set to Officially Open its Doors on May 22
- Sands Casino Resort Bethlehem takes in $20 million in August as Mount Airy revenue dwindles
- Steeled for slots
- Sands Casino Resort Bethlehem announces charities to benefit from slot test days
- Analyst: Credit crunch forcing Sands to focus on casinos
- Bethlehem officials say city ready for good, bad Sands Casino Resort will bring
- Sands Casino in Bethlehem opens hotel
- Bethlehem Sands casino gets official welcome today
- All things Sands
- Banned gambler arrested at Sands Casino Resort Bethlehem
- Phillipsburg man admits to cheating at Sands Casino Resort Bethlehem
Interesting gambling facts:
- The name blackjack came from an early bet (since discontinued) that paid 10 to 1 if the player got a jack of spades and an ace of spades, both black cards, as the first two cards.
- Lotteries were brought to America in the 1800s by the thousands of Chinese immigrants who worked in the mines and on the railroads.
- When traveling to Las Vegas be sure to check out some of the incredible scenery outside of the city. Lake Mead is about 45 minutes away from the city and is a beautiful place to cool off. When things get really hot, give Mount Charleston a try. It\'s approximately 30 degrees cooler. Red Rock Canyon is only a 30 drive. There is also the stunning Valley of Fire which is 1 hour away from Las Vegas.
- The major differences between regular poker and video poker is that you are playing against a machine rather than real people, and your goal is to achieve particular hands rather than beat opponents hands.