While other nations try gambling ‘harm minimization,’ U.S. casino slots players are largely on their own
Internationally, gambling providers are beginning to use the tools of “harm minimization” to lessen gambling’s potentially damaging effects while not necessarily curbing the overall activity. But in the United States, the onus remains almost entirely on the individual bettor to avoid gambling’s pitfalls.
Related Gambling News:
- Skycity Increases Focus On Harm Minimisation
- Minimising Gambling Harm
- First Nations push for gambling control
- Harm, problem gambling and the pro-pokie lobby
- First Nations casino looking for more First Nations workers
- Winter Park lawmaker doesn’t think more gambling would harm Florida tourism
- Daly Says Gambling Might Do Him More Harm
- Editorial: Online gambling will hurt families
- Holland Casino due to go Internet?
- Everyone should support the Gambling Harm Reduction Bill
- Not all First Nations reaping casino benefits
- Casino boss: Lotto does more harm
Gambling casinos history:
- Originally, the double-zero wheel started in Europe and the single-zero wheel started in America. But, Europeans liked the single-zero wheel better, and Americans liked the double-zero wheel better so they switched. Today, the American wheel and double-zero wheel are synonymous.
- Baccara (Italian) or baccarat (French) both translate to "zero" in English. The importance of this name is found in the tens and face cards, both sharing the zero value.
- In Cuba, during the 1950's, the blackjack shoe was first introduced. The dealers in Cuba handled the cards really well and management thought that the dealers may be being a little too good to their friends. So, to curb their suspicions, management decided to use a "dealing box" which is currently known as a shoe.
- Bingo as we know it today is a form of lottery and is a direct descendant of Lo Giuoco del Lotto d'Italia - the Italian National Lottery organized in 1530.