Gambling Expansion In Illinois Approved
The Illinois Senate and House have now approved a massive increase in gambling in Illinois.
Related Gambling News:
- Illinois Senate OKs gambling expansion
- Illinois gambling expansion bill sent to governor
- Durbin ’saddened’ by gambling expansion in Illinois
- Casino Expansion Passes Senate, on to House
- Illinois gaming expansion bill’s impact on purses tough to determine
- 4 new casinos approved in gambling expansion clearing Illinois Senate
- Committee OKs major gambling expansion in Illinois
- Significant gambling expansion clears Ill. Senate
- Illinois House OKs casino for Chicago
- Revamped gambling expansion passes Illinois House panel
- New Gambling Expansion Plan Fails In Illinois House
- Illinois Senate Votes Down Massive Gambling Expansion
Casino gambling facts:
- A nationwide survey by the U.S. Travel Industry Association found that 38% of all U.S. residents have been to Las Vegas in their lifetime. The average length of visitors' stay in Las Vegas was almost 4 days (3.7).
- Las Vegas is a testament of the powerful ability of gambling to foster economic development. Because of gambling, Las Vegas has shown impressive job growth, developed into a major city with a low tax burden that many state and local governments look at with envy.
- Legal gambling operations in Washington reported $1.7 billion in net receipts in 2005: 61 percent was reported by tribal casinos, 10 percent came from the state lottery. 2 percent of responders in a February state survey said they placed bets online.
- The current wave of legal lotteries started in New Hampshire, spread to other North-Eastern states, and then across the nation.