Gambling expansion plan heads to guv’s desk
(AP) — The Illinois Senate has approved tripling the number of gambling slots in the state. Now the legislation goes to Gov. Pat Quinn.
Related Gambling News:
- Gambling expansion plan suffers setback
- Proposition One: Voters decide on casino expansion plan
- SJM Leads Macau Casino Stocks Higher on Plan to Limit Expansion
- Gov. Scott vague on gambling expansion, medical examiner
- Senate OKs major gambling expansion; prospects for passage dim in House
- Gambling expansion closer to approval
- Holdem A-Z: H is for Heads Up
- Indian tribes say no plans to expand gambling into Atlantic City
- Big gambling expansion proposed for Ill.
- Casino expansion delayed by economy’s woes
- Blagojevich keeps pushing gambling plan
- Vanessa Rousso vs. Huck Seed for 2009 Heads-Up Championship
Interesting gambling facts:
- The first World Series of Poker was held in downtown Las Vegas at the Horseshoe Casino back in 1970. Then owner of the Horseshoe Jack Binion, hosted the very first one and has agreed to host upcoming World Series of Poker Tournament Circuit. Jack Binion said that is purely honorary and plans on doing other types deals and events in the future.
- Although the Greeks had a profound understanding of mathematics they had no concept of probability, and assumed that the outcome of games of chance was due to the will of the gods.
- 2000: MGM Grand Inc. stages the gaming industry's largest corporate buyout with its $6 million purchase of Mirage Resorts Inc.
2005: Las Vegas celebrates one illustrious century on May 15.
- Playing cards are believed to have been invented in China and/or India sometime around 900 A.D. The Chinese are thought to have originated card games when they began shuffling paper money (another Chinese invention) into various combinations.