Tabcorp casinos doing well, thanks: CEO
The outgoing chief executive of gambling giant Tabcorp Holdings Ltd says the company’s casino business is doing well, but cautioned that the Federal Government should tread carefully in regulating …
Related Casino News:
- Tabcorp says casinos going strong
- Tabcorp raises A$ 250 million
- Logo changes at Tabcorp
- Financial boost for Tabcorp
- Tabcorp revenues rise
- Tabcorp expands IPTV deal
- New Aussie licence for Tabcorp
- Digital betting good for Tabcorp
- Victorian deal hailed as a new era for Tabcorp
- Tabcorp meets Victoria licensing requirement
- Tabcorp Q3-2013 results released
- Tabcorp First-Half Net Rises 13% on Casinos, Gaming
Gambling history facts:
- Legal gambling activities include state lotteries; parimutuel betting on horses, greyhounds, and jai-alai; sports book-making; card games; keno; bingo; slot machines; progressive slot machines; video poker machines; video keno machines; video blackjack machines; and video roulette machines.
- The Gold Rush brought a huge increase in the amount and types of gambling to California. San Francisco replaced New Orleans as the center for gambling in the United States.
- Gambling is Often Legalized to Promote Economic Development of Depressed Areas. That was an important motivation in Las Vegas, Atlantic City, New Jersey, and many of the other locales for casinos.
- Dog racing (a race among greyhounds who chase after a mechanical rabbit) operates in 17 states. Jai-alai (a game similar to handball) is legal in just three: Connecticut, Florida, and Rhode Island.