Tabcorp casinos doing well, thanks: CEO
The outgoing chief executive of gambling giant Tabcorp Holdings Ltd says the company’s casino business is doing well, but cautioned that the Federal Government should tread carefully in regulating …
Related Casino News:
- Tabcorp says casinos going strong
- Tabcorp raises A$ 250 million
- Logo changes at Tabcorp
- Financial boost for Tabcorp
- Online good for Tabcorp
- Tabcorp revenues rise
- Tabcorp expands IPTV deal
- New Aussie licence for Tabcorp
- Digital betting good for Tabcorp
- Victorian deal hailed as a new era for Tabcorp
- Tabcorp meets Victoria licensing requirement
- Tabcorp First-Half Net Rises 13% on Casinos, Gaming
Gambling casinos info:
- Pathological gambling is recognized as a medical disorder by the American Psychiatric Association and has elements of addiction similar to alcohol and drug addiction.
- The first legal lottery in the twentieth century was the New Hampshire Sweepstakes which began on March 12, 1964. Currently 37 states and the District of Columbia operate lotteries.
- The first World Series of Poker was held in downtown Las Vegas at the Horseshoe Casino back in 1970. Then owner of the Horseshoe Jack Binion, hosted the very first one and has agreed to host upcoming World Series of Poker Tournament Circuit. Jack Binion said that is purely honorary and plans on doing other types deals and events in the future.
- Bingo as we know it today is a form of lottery and is a direct descendant of Lo Giuoco del Lotto d'Italia - the Italian National Lottery organized in 1530.