Tabcorp says casinos going strong
The outgoing chief executive of gambling giant Tabcorp Holdings Ltd says the company’s casino business is doing well but cautioned the federal government to tread carefully in regulating the sector.Tabcorp …
Related Casino News:
- Online good for Tabcorp
- Tabcorp raises A$ 250 million
- Logo changes at Tabcorp
- Financial boost for Tabcorp
- Tabcorp revenues rise
- Tabcorp expands IPTV deal
- New Aussie licence for Tabcorp
- Digital betting good for Tabcorp
- Victorian deal hailed as a new era for Tabcorp
- Tabcorp meets Victoria licensing requirement
- Tabcorp First-Half Net Rises 13% on Casinos, Gaming
- Tabcorp Q3-2013 results released
Interesting gambling information:
- Gambling became legalized in Vegas in 1931 by Mayme V. Stocker and J.H. Morgan who was issued Clark County Gaming License No. 1.
- A nationwide survey by the U.S. Travel Industry Association found that 38% of all U.S. residents have been to Las Vegas in their lifetime. The average length of visitors' stay in Las Vegas was almost 4 days (3.7).
- The name of the game "Poker" likely descended from the French poque, which descended from the German pochen ("to knock"), but it is not clear whether the games named by those terms were the real origins of poker.
- Originally, the double-zero wheel started in Europe and the single-zero wheel started in America. But, Europeans liked the single-zero wheel better, and Americans liked the double-zero wheel better so they switched. Today, the American wheel and double-zero wheel are synonymous.