Casino City’s Latest Online Gaming Business Directory Just Released with Comprehensive Industry Coverage
Casino City Press today announced the release of the 2011-2012 edition of Casino City’s iGaming Business Directory, a one-of-a-kind reference work providing the world’s most comprehensive coverage of virtually every aspect of the online gaming industry.
Related Casino News:
- Research and Markets: Social Gaming - Global Strategic Business Report - 2012
- Research and Markets: European Online Gaming Market Shows Positive Development
- Gambling revenue up as fifth casino opens
- Devilfish Gaming Plc Launches Devilfish Services
- Almost 80 percent growth predicted for online casinos by 2014
- Atlantic Citys oldest casino brings back coins
- Macaos casinos hit by share slide
- THE ONLINE GAMBLING BUSINESS - BEST ONLINE CASINO
- Dutch Gaming Authority means business
- William Hill pulls online business out of US
- One-time KC mob figure pleads guilty to operating illegal sports gambling business
- Increased Access to Online Casino Gaming and Poker Boom Helps Bring Casino Business Mainstream
Casino gambling facts:
- In 1980, the American Psychological Association included pathological gambling in their Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Third Edition (DSM-III).
- By the 1370s, playing cards had reached Europe in a form that is recognizable today, with a pack consisting of 52 cards with suits of swords, polo-sticks, cups and coins.
- The second oldest casino hotel resort on the Las Vegas Strip was the Last Frontier and it opened in October of 1942. It had 105 guestrooms and the property was made to look like an old western town. The first casino hotel resort opened just 18 months earlier and was called El Rancho.
- French mathematicians Pierre de Fermat and Blaise Pascal explored the mathematics of gambling, leading to the formulation of Pascal's theory of probability in 1654.