Casino City’s Latest Online Gaming Business Directory Just Released with Comprehensive Industry Coverage
Casino City Press today announced the release of the 2011-2012 edition of Casino City’s iGaming Business Directory, a one-of-a-kind reference work providing the world’s most comprehensive coverage of virtually every aspect of the online gaming industry.
Related Casino News:
- Research and Markets: Social Gaming - Global Strategic Business Report - 2012
- Research and Markets: European Online Gaming Market Shows Positive Development
- Gambling revenue up as fifth casino opens
- Devilfish Gaming Plc Launches Devilfish Services
- Almost 80 percent growth predicted for online casinos by 2014
- Atlantic Citys oldest casino brings back coins
- THE ONLINE GAMBLING BUSINESS - BEST ONLINE CASINO
- Macaos casinos hit by share slide
- William Hill pulls online business out of US
- Increased Access to Online Casino Gaming and Poker Boom Helps Bring Casino Business Mainstream
- One-time KC mob figure pleads guilty to operating illegal sports gambling business
- Gaming VC holding its own
Gambling casinos history:
- Lotteries were brought to America in the 1800s by the thousands of Chinese immigrants who worked in the mines and on the railroads.
- Catholics were found to be more likely to gamble than Protestants and other religious groups. Catholics were also found to be less likely to disapprove of gambling than other religious groups.
- The word Casino originally meant a public hall for music and dancing. By the second half of the 19th century, the term essentially meant a collection of gaming or gambling rooms. The classic example of a casino, is the casino at Monte-Carlo, which was opened in 1861.
- Video Poker machines were introduced in the 1970s, when an oil embargo had a negative impact on Vegas revenues. The machines were popular enough to spark a recovery in casino business.