Betfair stronger than expected results
Regardless of challenges in regulatory environments and a series of middle management and high profile staff departures, the company has posted strong profitability and record […]
Related Casino News:
- Mixed results in Q3-2013 from Betfair
- Betfair releases half year results
- Betfair full year results more promising
- Betfair reports better-than-expected year earnings
- Sportsbetting the driver in latest Betfair results
- Aussie tennis boosts Betfair Q3 results
- Betfair plans to float in London
- Betfair full year 2013 results posted
- Betfair results for year ended 30 April 2007
- Casinos rise after better-than-expected 3Q results
- Betfair confirms IPO intentions
- Betfair results could be good news for investors
Gambling history facts:
- U.S. News and World Report did a comparison of crime rates in cities with gambling versus those that do not. The crime rates were significantly higher in the places that allowed gambling.
- Lotteries were brought to America in the 1800s by the thousands of Chinese immigrants who worked in the mines and on the railroads.
- In 1911 US legislation prohibited stud poker but ruled that draw poker was a game of skill and therefore was not illegal.
- 2000: MGM Grand Inc. stages the gaming industry's largest corporate buyout with its $6 million purchase of Mirage Resorts Inc.
2005: Las Vegas celebrates one illustrious century on May 15.