Betfair stronger than expected results
Regardless of challenges in regulatory environments and a series of middle management and high profile staff departures, the company has posted strong profitability and record […]
Related Casino News:
- Mixed results in Q3-2013 from Betfair
- Betfair releases half year results
- Betfair full year results more promising
- Sportsbetting the driver in latest Betfair results
- Betfair reports better-than-expected year earnings
- Aussie tennis boosts Betfair Q3 results
- Betfair full year 2013 results posted
- Betfair results for year ended 30 April 2007
- Betfair plans to float in London
- Casinos rise after better-than-expected 3Q results
- Betfair confirms IPO intentions
- Betfair results could be good news for investors
Gambling casinos info:
- Indian tribes have used their position as sovereign entities to develop a number of gaming establishments. Indian casinos operate in 22 states. This number is expected to grow.
- In 1891, Sittman and Pitt of Brooklyn began to manufacture the first nationally known poker card machines. The machines maintained their enormous popularity until just before World War I.
- The term "turned the tables" is actually a chess term coming from the mid 1600's. When a player was losing, they would physically turn the chess table to assume the winning side of the table.
- Las Vegas in Nevada owes its success to the mobster Benjamin "Bugsy" Siegel who organized gaming and bookmaking operations for The Mob (the Mafia).