Nevada gambling revenues up 16,2 percent
Official figures for May 2011 released this week show that Nevada gaming revenues soared by 16.2 percent overall, driven mainly by baccarat and slot performances, […]
Related Casino News:
- Nevada gambling revenues up 7.4 percent in September
- Nevada gambling revenues for January leap 18.4 percent
- Nevada gambling revenues slip 8 percent in July
- Nevada gambling revenues rose 6.2 percent in April
- March land revenues in Nevada disappoint
- Nevada gambling revenues soar 11.2 percent in August
- Nevada land gambling revenues up 5.7 percent in February
- Nevada revenues up 3.7 percent in july
- Tough year for Nevada land gambling
- Nevada gambling revenue down 10.8 percent in March
- Nevada revenues stay stubbornly low
- Nevada land gambling down 11 percent
Interesting gambling information:
- The word Casino originally meant a public hall for music and dancing. By the second half of the 19th century, the term essentially meant a collection of gaming or gambling rooms. The classic example of a casino, is the casino at Monte-Carlo, which was opened in 1861.
- 1941: The Strip gets its first luxury hotel. El Rancho Vegas sets the trend for many of the themed resorts that sprout along the Strip in later years.
1942: The first wedding chapel, the Little Church of the West, opens on the Strip in the Last Frontier Hotel.
- U.S. News and World Report did a comparison of crime rates in cities with gambling versus those that do not. The crime rates were significantly higher in the places that allowed gambling.
- Although the Greeks had a profound understanding of mathematics they had no concept of probability, and assumed that the outcome of games of chance was due to the will of the gods.