World Poker Tour on FSN: $25,000 World Championship - Part I
To say that the World Poker Tour’s Season IX was a success would be an understatement.
Related Poker News:
- World Poker Tour Ships For PSP World Poker Tour for the PSP system,…
- World Poker Tour Ships Today for Xbox, PS2, GBA
- Future unveils plans for World Poker Tour title
- World Poker Tour Announces Season VIII Us Schedule
- Scott Seiver Wins World Poker Tour World Championship
- World Poker Tour World Championship Day 2: Mosseri the Man to Catch
- 2012 World Poker Tour Mazagan Day 3: Davidi Kitai Leads Final Table, Eyes Second Title
- Counting on the WPT: Five Fascinating Facts About the World Poker Tour
- World Poker Tour World Championship Day 3: Buchanan Back On Top
- World Poker Tour® Returns to France for the WPT Grand Prix de
- James Dempsey Wins 2011 World Poker Tour Five Diamond World Poker Classic
- PokerStars And WPT Ink Television Deal
Gambling history facts:
- Baccara (Italian) or baccarat (French) both translate to "zero" in English. The importance of this name is found in the tens and face cards, both sharing the zero value.
- 1946: Two famous landmarks open: Bugsy Siegel's Flamingo, and the Golden Nugget. Nevada levies its first gaming tax.
1949: Benny Binion sets up a high-stakes poker game at his Horseshoe casino between Nick "The Greek" Dandalos and Johnny Moss. It turns into an epic five-month poker match, laying the foundations for the World Series of Poker.
- Las Vegas is a testament of the powerful ability of gambling to foster economic development. Because of gambling, Las Vegas has shown impressive job growth, developed into a major city with a low tax burden that many state and local governments look at with envy.
- The word Casino originally meant a public hall for music and dancing. By the second half of the 19th century, the term essentially meant a collection of gaming or gambling rooms. The classic example of a casino, is the casino at Monte-Carlo, which was opened in 1861.