Cash strapped Hungary to hike gambling taxes
The Budapest Business Journal reports that the cash-starved Hungarian government is to increase the tax on online gambling and gambling in general from 2012. The […]
Related Casino News:
- MGM touting low-cost programming to cash-strapped TV stations
- Debate on legalized gambling — Our view: Cash-strapped states bet on a bad hand
- Gambling a national securtiy issue in Hungary?
- Hard Rock to open gambling center in Hungary
- Ohio's new casinos could cost cash-strapped Detroit $30 million a year, analysis predicts
- Hungary to add online sports betting and casino games
- Hungary online gambling tax proposal
- MGM looks to cash in on vintage TV shows
- States bet gambling will boost revenues
- Casinos to remain closed tomorrow against fee hike
- Poll: Floridians want Seminole gambling pact, no tuition hike
- Legalizing video poker could be a big fight in Pa.
Interesting gambling information:
- Las Vegas is a testament of the powerful ability of gambling to foster economic development. Because of gambling, Las Vegas has shown impressive job growth, developed into a major city with a low tax burden that many state and local governments look at with envy.
- 1905: The town of Las Vegas is founded when the San Pedro, Los Angeles and Salt Lake Railroad Company holds a land auction at the site on May 15.
1912: The Majestic - Las Vegas's very first theater - opens, featuring the best vaudeville acts and motion pictures of the time.
- When playing blackjack, always split Aces and never split 4's, 5's or Tens. You would be surprised at how many players split Tens. Why risk getting a lower hand when you already have a twenty value? Also note that at most casinos, you are not allowed to re-split Aces.
- Lotteries were brought to America in the 1800s by the thousands of Chinese immigrants who worked in the mines and on the railroads.