UK Gambling Commission is hiring
The UK Department for Culture, Media and Sport is seeking to appoint four new commissioners to the UK Gambling Commission effective January 2012. Current members […]
Related Casino News:
- Lawmaker pressing gambling panel to delay McGee hiring
- Tax issue delays casino hiring
- State keeping eye on casino hiring
- Online gambling test agency in hiring spree
- Budget freeze cools hiring of new PA gambling regulators
- Mixing Up Its Game: Wynn Resorts’ Winning Hiring Strategy
- Pittsburgh Casinos Training, Hiring For Table Games
- Ameristar Casino Hiring In Black Hawk
- Cripple Creek Casinos Hiring 500
- Seminole Casino Coconut Creek plans to create 800 jobs
- Pa. casinos up hiring of Asian workers
- California Casinos Look to Hrlogix for Web-Based Recruiting and Paperless Hiring Solutions
Casino gambling information:
- French mathematician Blaise Pascale is often credited with inventing the roulette wheel as a result of his experiments with perpetual motion machines.
- The famous banker J.P. Morgan once walked out of a Monte Carlo casino because the stakes were too low? At the time, the maximum wager was 12,000 francs and Morgan wanted it increased to 20,000 francs. When the casino manager refused to increase the limit, Morgan left the casino saying "12,000 francs! I have no time to lose such ridiculous amounts."
- In 1911 US legislation prohibited stud poker but ruled that draw poker was a game of skill and therefore was not illegal.
- Baccarat is the principal of casino card games in the United Kingdom and Europe. Blackjack is a fixture in all American casinos.