UK Gambling Commission is hiring
The UK Department for Culture, Media and Sport is seeking to appoint four new commissioners to the UK Gambling Commission effective January 2012. Current members […]
Related Casino News:
- Lawmaker pressing gambling panel to delay McGee hiring
- Tax issue delays casino hiring
- State keeping eye on casino hiring
- Online gambling test agency in hiring spree
- Budget freeze cools hiring of new PA gambling regulators
- Mixing Up Its Game: Wynn Resorts’ Winning Hiring Strategy
- Pittsburgh Casinos Training, Hiring For Table Games
- Ameristar Casino Hiring In Black Hawk
- Cripple Creek Casinos Hiring 500
- Seminole Casino Coconut Creek plans to create 800 jobs
- Pa. casinos up hiring of Asian workers
- California Casinos Look to Hrlogix for Web-Based Recruiting and Paperless Hiring Solutions
Do you know that:
- The brand new resort, Wynn Las Vegas recently opened on the Las Vegas Strip. At a cost of approximately $2.7 billion, the Wynn Las Vegas features 2,700 guestrooms and suites, casino (table games, over 1900 slots/video poker machines, poker room with race and sports book), several restaurants, a night club, golf, a shopping esplanade and a show called Le Reve.
- One of the oldest casinos in Europe, at Baden Baden in Germany, was opened in 1748 by Edouard Benazet, who employed Parisian craftsmen to design the stylish rooms.
- 1946: Two famous landmarks open: Bugsy Siegel's Flamingo, and the Golden Nugget. Nevada levies its first gaming tax.
1949: Benny Binion sets up a high-stakes poker game at his Horseshoe casino between Nick "The Greek" Dandalos and Johnny Moss. It turns into an epic five-month poker match, laying the foundations for the World Series of Poker.
- By the 1370s, playing cards had reached Europe in a form that is recognizable today, with a pack consisting of 52 cards with suits of swords, polo-sticks, cups and coins.