German Gambling Tax Proposals Criticized
The Remote Gambling Association (RGA) has expressed its disappointment at proposals from 15 of the 16 German states on a national plan to regulate and tax the domestic gambling market.
Related Gambling News:
- EC criticises German online gambling proposals
- RGA has reservations on German gambling proposals
- Schleswig-Holstein stands out in new German gambling proposals
- Betfair urges EU action against German gambling law
- Germany abandons monopolised gambling
- German states on a collision course with EC
- The German grey zone
- German confusion
- Cahill slot estimates criticized
- EC renews warnings to Sweden and Germany
- German refs goes on trial for match fixing
- Legal victory for online German firm
Interesting gambling information:
- Horse racing is the best known and widespread parimutuel betting event. Horse racing is the only form of partimutuel wagering legal in California.
- 1946: Two famous landmarks open: Bugsy Siegel's Flamingo, and the Golden Nugget. Nevada levies its first gaming tax.
1949: Benny Binion sets up a high-stakes poker game at his Horseshoe casino between Nick "The Greek" Dandalos and Johnny Moss. It turns into an epic five-month poker match, laying the foundations for the World Series of Poker.
- The term "turned the tables" is actually a chess term coming from the mid 1600's. When a player was losing, they would physically turn the chess table to assume the winning side of the table.
- The brand new resort, Wynn Las Vegas recently opened on the Las Vegas Strip. At a cost of approximately $2.7 billion, the Wynn Las Vegas features 2,700 guestrooms and suites, casino (table games, over 1900 slots/video poker machines, poker room with race and sports book), several restaurants, a night club, golf, a shopping esplanade and a show called Le Reve.