New Jersey Governor will respect sports betting referendum results
Interest is building in November 8′s New Jersey referendum on legalised sports betting in Atlantic City casinos and at New Jersey racetracks, and this week […]
Related Casino and Sports Betting News:
- New Jersey Governor supports sports betting challenge
- Bring it on, says New Jersey Governor
- New Jersey Tries To Legalize Online Sportsbetting,
- N.J. governor backs legalized sports gambling
- Governor Wants Sports Betting in New Jersey
- Supporters Will Change New Jersey Sports Betting Bill To Get Christie’s Support
- NJ governor says federal ban on sports betting unfair
- New Jersey governor goes ahead with plans to legalize sports betting
- NJ governor endorses sports betting referendum, saying he’ll vote for it next week
- New Jersey online gambling bill vetoed by Governor
- New Jersey: Senate committee supports sports betting at casinos, racetracks
- N.J. governor supports suit against sports betting ban
Gambling history facts:
- Baccara (Italian) or baccarat (French) both translate to "zero" in English. The importance of this name is found in the tens and face cards, both sharing the zero value.
- Blackjack originated in French casinos around the 1700's where it was called "vingt-et-un" (twenty-and-one) and has been in United States since the 1800's.
- Up to the 1960s, Nevada was plagued by teamster financing, hidden ownership, employment of individuals of questionable character and background, and the clear links to organized crime.
- 1967: Elvis Presley marries Priscilla Anne Beaulieu on May 1 in the chapel of the Aladdin Hotel.
1970: Binion's Horseshoe casino hosts the first World Series of Poker.
1971: Female card dealers begin working on the Strip for the first time.