Medford loses appeal of ‘08 bribery conviction
Bobby Medford leaves the federal courthouse during a break in his sentence hearing.
Related Poker News:
- Criminal Practice a ” Bribery a ” Video Poker Machines - Conspiracy
- William Hill loses appeal against 32Red trademark ruling
- Sheriff Convicted of Poker Bribe Taking
- Littlefield loses legal appeal
- Collins loses appeal in ‘lyingeyes’ case
- Laurel Racing Loses Appeal For Slots
- Poker player heist: man loses appeal
- Bodog loses domain confiscation appeal
- Germany´s Tipp24 loses constitutional appeal
- Man attempts Medford bar robbery to regain money lost during video poker, police say
- State loses last ditch appeal on sports betting
- Delware loses appeal to overturn sports betting restrictions
Casino gambling facts:
- In 1973, the Commission on the Review of National Policy toward Gambling was created to study gambling in the United States.
- French mathematicians Pierre de Fermat and Blaise Pascal explored the mathematics of gambling, leading to the formulation of Pascal's theory of probability in 1654.
- Lotteries were brought to America in the 1800s by the thousands of Chinese immigrants who worked in the mines and on the railroads.
- Indian tribes have used their position as sovereign entities to develop a number of gaming establishments. Indian casinos operate in 22 states. This number is expected to grow.