Pokie clubs play an ace in battle to prevent changes
THE gambling lobby is claiming a coup in its battle against the Gillard government’s proposed poker machine reforms by enlisting the support of the renowned western Sydney youth worker Father Chris Riley.
Related Gambling News:
- Pokie tax will ‘kill clubs’
- Clubs hit jackpot in pokie overhaul
- Kev07 ad man joins pokie reform campaign
- Clubs pay out as pokie tax talks fail
- Clubs boss hits back in pokies showdown
- Clubs lobby MP against pokie reform
- AFL clubs talk up community leadership while fostering pokie addiction
- Pubs and clubs hit pokie profit jackpot
- Clubs want net gamblers to play by rules for pokies
- Clubs revolt against pokie curbs
- Gambling funds down
- Coalition unlikely to support pokie reform
Do you know that:
- In 1980, the American Psychological Association included pathological gambling in their Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Third Edition (DSM-III).
- Many casinos in Nevada were financed by mobsters. Most notable perhaps was Las Vegas' Flamingo which was opened in 1947 by Bugsy Siegel.
- If you are planning a trip to Las Vegas, be sure to take advantage of the free sights and attractions. They include - Fremont Street Experience, the Fountains of Bellagio, the Sirens of TI, Volcano at the Mirage, tiger display at the entrance of the Mirage, tour of Ethel M's Chocolate Factory, Bellagio Botanical Gardens, Masquerade Show in the Sky at the Rio, Hand of Faith at the Golden Nugget, landmark replicas at the Paris and the Venetian properties and more.
- Baccarat is the principal of casino card games in the United Kingdom and Europe. Blackjack is a fixture in all American casinos.