Ministry to cease bingo operations
COLUMBUS — Chee Chee Rose Ministries, 902 Crawford Street in Middletown, will end its bingo operations Dec. 31, under a settlement announced Friday by Attorney General Mike DeWine.“Ohioans have an expectation that charitable bingo games should benefit their charities, not enrich bingo workers and paid consultants. Today ’s settlement is yet another example that those who abuse charitable bingo …
Related Bingo News:
- Interior Ministry discovers major infringements in gambling business
- Chinese reports on internet gambling blitz
- R.I.P. global-player.com
- Miapuesta ordered to cease activity
- Court Rules Electronic Bingo Illegal
- Gambling helpline to close in October
- Eagles Bingo benefits The Ministry Center
- St. Mark’s 35-year ministry involves Bingo, birthdays
- Multi-ministry internet gambling crackdown latest
- Local Bingo to call it Q-U-I-T-S
- Casinos ordered to halt gambling on Wednesday
- Optimal Group’s FireOne Group plc Subsidiary to Cease Certain U.S. Facing Operations
Gambling casinos info:
- During the 1950s, the Senate Committee to Investigate Organized Crime in Interstate Commerce held a number of hearings on criminal influence in the casino industry. The committee was chaired by Senator Estes Kefauver, and the committee is also known by his name.
- In 1980, the American Psychological Association included pathological gambling in their Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Third Edition (DSM-III).
- When playing blackjack, always split Aces and never split 4's, 5's or Tens. You would be surprised at how many players split Tens. Why risk getting a lower hand when you already have a twenty value? Also note that at most casinos, you are not allowed to re-split Aces.
- The most popular forms of illegal games are "numbers", which is essentially a lottery, and betting with bookies, typically sports betting.