Editorial: Should we place bets on online gambling?
California legislators have debated the merits of Internet gambling for three years now. Despite tons of money spent on lobbying, campaign contributions and on public relations, those debates haven’t gone anywhere. Sadly, this year may be different.
Related Gambling News:
- I AM PLAYR users can place virtual bets on real events
- U.S. editorial excerpts -7-+
- Place your bets: ALC may be eyeing online sports gambling
- Editorial: Supporting law, not gambling
- Literally Millions of Americans Use Online Sports Book Web Sites to Place Bets on Their Favorite Sports Teams Every Day
- Chinese football fans going online to place their World Cup bets
- Gamblers Crowd Casinos to Place Last Bets
- PLACE YOUR BETS: Iowa lawmakers consider the odds of legalizing sports betting
- Editorial: Hedge bets on Fla. casinos
- Legalised online gaming in the USA worth billions
- Groundhog Day Odds at the Online Casino at online casino news and casinos update
- A Legal Alternative To Online Gambling
Gambling history facts:
- When traveling to Las Vegas be sure to check out some of the incredible scenery outside of the city. Lake Mead is about 45 minutes away from the city and is a beautiful place to cool off. When things get really hot, give Mount Charleston a try. It\'s approximately 30 degrees cooler. Red Rock Canyon is only a 30 drive. There is also the stunning Valley of Fire which is 1 hour away from Las Vegas.
- Gambling is Often Legalized to Promote Economic Development of Depressed Areas. That was an important motivation in Las Vegas, Atlantic City, New Jersey, and many of the other locales for casinos.
- During the 1950s, the Senate Committee to Investigate Organized Crime in Interstate Commerce held a number of hearings on criminal influence in the casino industry. The committee was chaired by Senator Estes Kefauver, and the committee is also known by his name.
- The introduction of the single zero wheel (with better odds for the player) resulted in the demise of the double zero wheels in Europe and has become known as the "French Wheel" in roulette history.