Go-ahead for bingo at centre of legal battle
THE 1,000-seater Rock Bingo hall in Togher, Cork, which has been dogged by legal issues for several months was effectively given the go-ahead to operate by Mr Justice Frank Clarke at the High Court yesterday.
Related Bingo News:
- Friendship Centre seeking answers on bingo licence application, gathering told
- Mecca sparks bingo battle
- Electronic bingo battle continues
- Pensioners barred from centre after row at the bingo
- Florida taxpayers’ tab in bingo-hall battle tops $6 million
- Battle Over Casino Comps: Should They Be Taxed?
- Bingo hall finally opens after legal battle
- Friendship Centre facility wins appeal
- Borough High Street centre gambling centre force to scale down ambitions
- Boost for bingo operator with VAT victory
- Gaming centre planned for former bingo hall
- Bessemer blocks bingo parlor’s gift to animal shelter
Do you know that:
- The current wave of legal lotteries started in New Hampshire, spread to other North-Eastern states, and then across the nation.
- 1967: Elvis Presley marries Priscilla Anne Beaulieu on May 1 in the chapel of the Aladdin Hotel.
1970: Binion's Horseshoe casino hosts the first World Series of Poker.
1971: Female card dealers begin working on the Strip for the first time.
- Casino chips were used in the 18th century as a substitute for money being wagered. Originally, they were pieces of bones, mother of pearl or ivory engraved with the name of the casino and their respective value.
- When traveling to Las Vegas be sure to check out some of the incredible scenery outside of the city. Lake Mead is about 45 minutes away from the city and is a beautiful place to cool off. When things get really hot, give Mount Charleston a try. It\'s approximately 30 degrees cooler. Red Rock Canyon is only a 30 drive. There is also the stunning Valley of Fire which is 1 hour away from Las Vegas.