Casinos to learn opening dates soon
COLUMBUS — State regulators are closing in on new opening dates for casinos in Toledo and Cleveland, but it remains to be seen which will become Ohio's first.
Related Casino News:
- Ballot Board Debate Reveals Learn and Earn Casinos Will Escape State Taxes
- Key dates in Abramoff’s and Kidan’s involvement with SunCruz
- BlackBerry Hacks
- Pupils should learn about gambling, says charity
- Learn How to Handle the Blinds
- Century Casinos to Join the ATX Global Player Index at the Vienna Stock Exchange
- Century Casinos, Inc. Announces First Quarter 2013 Results
- 42nd Annual World Series of Poker Dates Announced
- Casino-employee hopefuls learn games
- Debut dates planned for D.C.’s Internet gambling
- Let them learn to pitch and learn to finish
- Lawmakers look at Sunday alcohol sales, gambling, school start dates
Interesting gambling facts:
- Indian tribes have used their position as sovereign entities to develop a number of gaming establishments. Indian casinos operate in 22 states. This number is expected to grow.
- Although baccara has its origins in medieval Italy, it soon spread to France, where it was called "chemin de fer" (meaning railway, due to the action of the card box or shoe passing around the table on "tracks").
- 1973: The MGM Grand opens on the Strip, becoming the world's largest hotel.
1989: One of Vegas's most extravag-ant hotels opens. Steve Wynn's Mirage resort features a man-made volcano and over 3,000 rooms. Siegfried and Roy sign a $57 million, five-year contract to provide entertainment at the hotel.
- Catholics were found to be more likely to gamble than Protestants and other religious groups. Catholics were also found to be less likely to disapprove of gambling than other religious groups.