Betfair TV advertising innovation
Online betting exchange Betfair is experimenting with a new format of TV advertising in partnership with Channel 4 Racing. A 30-second Betfair “in vision” advert […]
Related Casino News:
- Betfair in cheeky advertising deal
- It’s all in the advertising
- Super rubgy sponsorship for Betfair
- Betfair hires new Aussie ad agency
- Betfair on the wrong side of the ASA
- Betfair to woo punters in all states
- Betfair sponsors St. George Reds
- Betfair in the market for creative input
- Betfair´s Aussie cricket ads criticised
- Another ground-breaking deal for Betfair
- New digital ad agency for Betfair
- Betfair embarks on ‘huge’ marketing campaign
Casino gambling facts:
- French mathematicians Pierre de Fermat and Blaise Pascal explored the mathematics of gambling, leading to the formulation of Pascal's theory of probability in 1654.
- Pathological gambling is recognized as a medical disorder by the American Psychiatric Association and has elements of addiction similar to alcohol and drug addiction.
- The name blackjack came from an early bet (since discontinued) that paid 10 to 1 if the player got a jack of spades and an ace of spades, both black cards, as the first two cards.
- It was during the 1930's that slot machines began to become very popular across America, and in the late 40's Bugsy Siegel added machines to his Flamingo Hilton hotel in Las Vegas.