Loto-Quebec accredits NMi testing
Compliance testing and auditing services firm NMi has received a testing facility accreditation from Canadian government agency Loto-Québec following an extensive vetting process. “NMi are […]
Related Casino News:
- eCOGRA accredits online gambling group PAF
- G-Fed Games Approved
- Alderney Gambling Control Commission accredits Inspired
- New interactive division for testing lab
- Betware meets Spanish compliance testing
- Face Up Gaming to close beta testing
- eCOGRA testing accreditation for internet gambling upgraded
- Two testing agencies achieve Nevada lincensing
- Game and operator testing firms accredited in Bulgaria
- Company testing slot machines in gas stations
- Testing lab publishes new e-gambling guidelines
- eCOGRA approved as a testing agency by Spanish gambling authority
Gambling history facts:
- Up to the 1960s, Nevada was plagued by teamster financing, hidden ownership, employment of individuals of questionable character and background, and the clear links to organized crime.
- The age of electronic games began in 1964 with the Nevada Electronic's solid state "21" machines. The most successful of these was the Dale Electronics' Poker-Matic, which could be found in most Nevada casinos.
- The most significant forms of illegal gambling in the United States are numbers, betting with bookmakers or bookies, and sports pools or sports cards.
- The first games that we would recognize as modern roulette were introduced in Paris casinos around the end of the 18th century. In the mid 19th century the single zero game was invented in France, this reduced the casino's edge thereby increasing the odds of the player.