Olympics on betting scams alert
Betting patterns will be monitored daily for any suspicious activity during the London Olympics
Related Sports Betting News:
- Authorities probe sport betting scams
- Olympics Odds Top the Week’s Gambling News
- Probe into sports bet scams
- 2012 Olympics Betting Update: Team GB 50/1 to Win 100 medals at London 2012 Olympics
- Betting on the Olympics
- IOC to monitor betting during Beijing Olympics
- IOC to crack down on illegal betting during Beijing Olympics
- Betting Big on the Olympics
- OCM CONFIDENT FOUR MORE ATHLETES WILL QUALIFY FOR BEIJING OLYMPICS
- Round-Up: ELSPA Betting Update, Sega Signs Olympics, Post-G.A.M.E. Tally
- Sports Litigation Alert Reports on Delaware Supreme Courts Decision to Allow Betting on NFL Games
- IOC encouraging governments to crack down on illegal sports betting ahead of the Olympics
Casino gambling facts:
- The first World Series of Poker was held in downtown Las Vegas at the Horseshoe Casino back in 1970. Then owner of the Horseshoe Jack Binion, hosted the very first one and has agreed to host upcoming World Series of Poker Tournament Circuit. Jack Binion said that is purely honorary and plans on doing other types deals and events in the future.
- In Cuba, during the 1950's, the blackjack shoe was first introduced. The dealers in Cuba handled the cards really well and management thought that the dealers may be being a little too good to their friends. So, to curb their suspicions, management decided to use a "dealing box" which is currently known as a shoe.
- Dog racing (a race among greyhounds who chase after a mechanical rabbit) operates in 17 states. Jai-alai (a game similar to handball) is legal in just three: Connecticut, Florida, and Rhode Island.
- The word Casino originally meant a public hall for music and dancing. By the second half of the 19th century, the term essentially meant a collection of gaming or gambling rooms. The classic example of a casino, is the casino at Monte-Carlo, which was opened in 1861.