Bingo trial jurors deliberate second day without verdict
Jurors will return to the federal courthouse at 8 a.m. Saturday for more discussions.
Related Bingo News:
- Jurors seek tapes in mob trial deliberations
- Potential jurors quizzed in bingo trial
- Bingo trial jurors hear tapes Sen. Scott Beason made of conversations involving bingo
- 2 jurors criticize gambling retrial
- Third week of Alabama gambling trial begins with Rep. Barry Mask,
- jurors may be asked about gambling, PACS, church
- More deliberations for Philly mob trial jury
- Bingo trial: Alabama legislator tells Milton McGregor he’d like to support a bingo bill, and he needed help in his …
- Potential Alabama Jurors Asked About Gambling
- Bingo Trial to strike jury today
- Prosecutor in mob trial likens Mafia to IBM, GE
- Jury selection Thursday in Ala. gambling trial
Gambling casinos history:
- The second oldest casino hotel resort on the Las Vegas Strip was the Last Frontier and it opened in October of 1942. It had 105 guestrooms and the property was made to look like an old western town. The first casino hotel resort opened just 18 months earlier and was called El Rancho.
- Gambling is defined by the Webster's New World Dictionary as the following: to play games of chance for money or some other stake, or to take a risk in order to gain some advantage.
- Indian tribes have used their position as sovereign entities to develop a number of gaming establishments. Indian casinos operate in 22 states. This number is expected to grow.
- A nationwide survey by the U.S. Travel Industry Association found that 38% of all U.S. residents have been to Las Vegas in their lifetime. The average length of visitors' stay in Las Vegas was almost 4 days (3.7).