Bingo trial jurors deliberate second day without verdict
Jurors will return to the federal courthouse at 8 a.m. Saturday for more discussions.
Related Bingo News:
- Jurors seek tapes in mob trial deliberations
- Potential jurors quizzed in bingo trial
- Bingo trial jurors hear tapes Sen. Scott Beason made of conversations involving bingo
- 2 jurors criticize gambling retrial
- Third week of Alabama gambling trial begins with Rep. Barry Mask,
- jurors may be asked about gambling, PACS, church
- More deliberations for Philly mob trial jury
- Bingo trial: Alabama legislator tells Milton McGregor he’d like to support a bingo bill, and he needed help in his …
- Potential Alabama Jurors Asked About Gambling
- Bingo Trial to strike jury today
- Prosecutor in mob trial likens Mafia to IBM, GE
- Jury selection Thursday in Ala. gambling trial
Gambling casinos history:
- French mathematicians Pierre de Fermat and Blaise Pascal explored the mathematics of gambling, leading to the formulation of Pascal's theory of probability in 1654.
- 1993: Steve Wynn buys the Dune Hotel, then implodes it to make way for the Bellagio. The new MGM Grand is completed, once again becoming the world's largest hotel. On December 31, Barbra Streisand stars in the inaugural concert at the MGM Grand Garden Arena.
- Pathological gambling is recognized as a medical disorder by the American Psychiatric Association and has elements of addiction similar to alcohol and drug addiction.
- Horse racing is the best known and widespread parimutuel betting event. Horse racing is the only form of partimutuel wagering legal in California.