In an interesting new development, a web tool launched by UK online betting exchange Betfair will show punters, who are browsing on competitors websites, Betfair’s […]
Related Casino News:
- Live dealer action at Betfair casino
- Betfair eyes major sports
- Betfair - Online Betting Exchange
- Betfair hires new Aussie ad agency
- Betfair on the wrong side of the ASA
- Betfair expands online games offering
- Tasmania TOTE and Betfair team up
- Zone4Play Signs Multi-Year Agreement With Betfair
- Betfair TV advertising innovation
- New ad campaign launch for Betfair
- Harrah’s Selects Betfair.com as ‘Presenting Sponsor’ of World Series of Poker Europe
- 12 votes to 10 on giving license to Betfair
Gambling history facts:
- Las Vegas in Nevada owes its success to the mobster Benjamin "Bugsy" Siegel who organized gaming and bookmaking operations for The Mob (the Mafia).
- 1993: Steve Wynn buys the Dune Hotel, then implodes it to make way for the Bellagio. The new MGM Grand is completed, once again becoming the world's largest hotel. On December 31, Barbra Streisand stars in the inaugural concert at the MGM Grand Garden Arena.
- A nationwide survey by the U.S. Travel Industry Association found that 38% of all U.S. residents have been to Las Vegas in their lifetime. The average length of visitors' stay in Las Vegas was almost 4 days (3.7).
- Casino gambling, including Indian gaming, is legal in 27 states and most of the casinos have been built in the last 5 years according to "America's Gambling Fever", U. S. News and World Report, 15 Jan 1996