Local Boost Thanks to March Madness Betting
The Atlantis Sportsbook says March Madness is the second biggest sports betting event of the year – after the Super Bowl.
Related Sports Betting News:
- March Madness betting tips: Patience pays
- Hot Topics Recap: March Madness 2013
- NCAA March Madness Selection Sunday and USDBET Offering Conference Tournament Contest with Cash Prizes
- The cost of March Madness
- March Madness Can Lead to Gambling
- Local basketball guru not gambling on March Madness
- Let the Madness begin: March college hoops odds
- Beat your bookie: Hidden value in the madness of March
- PaddyPowerPoker.com Poker for the Homeless March Madness II Raises EUR20,000
- March Madness Trigger For Gambling Problem?
- PaddyPowerPoker.com Sponsors Poker for the Homeless March Madness II
- March Madness novices bet with their hearts, not heads
Interesting gambling facts:
- Bingo as we know it today is a form of lottery and is a direct descendant of Lo Giuoco del Lotto d'Italia - the Italian National Lottery organized in 1530.
- 1926: Las Vegas gets a regular air service. Western Air Express flies between Las Vegas and Salt Lake City. The airfield later becomes the site for the famous Sahara and Hilton hotels.
1931: Gambling is legalized in Nevada on March 19. Construction begins on the long awaited Hoover Dam.
- Dog racing (a race among greyhounds who chase after a mechanical rabbit) operates in 17 states. Jai-alai (a game similar to handball) is legal in just three: Connecticut, Florida, and Rhode Island.
- It was during the 1930's that slot machines began to become very popular across America, and in the late 40's Bugsy Siegel added machines to his Flamingo Hilton hotel in Las Vegas.