Villa Park woman fights illegal gambling
Kathy Gilroy of Villa Park faces a frustrating legislative world where the odds are against her.
Related Poker News:
- 32red Joins the Premiership as New Villa Home Kit is Launched
- Villa Park joins growing list of towns banning video gambling
- Villa Park birthday bingo moved for September
- Woman dies after falling ill at bingo
- Bingo Jackpot Nets Woman $10 Million in Court
- Moms Club plans bingo event for St. Jude Hospital
- Victor Chandler: Carling Cup Final-Can Villa Halt United?
- Police calls: Gambling gets woman in trouble
- Henderson woman indicted for illegal gambling
- Woman, 75, Fights Bingo Bandits
- Brothers say unfairly ejected from Grand Villa Casino
- Police: Forest Park Front for Illegal Gambling Operation
Gambling history facts:
- French mathematician Blaise Pascale is often credited with inventing the roulette wheel as a result of his experiments with perpetual motion machines.
- Although the Greeks had a profound understanding of mathematics they had no concept of probability, and assumed that the outcome of games of chance was due to the will of the gods.
- Parimutuel wagering refers to the type of gambling where the total prize pool is based upon the amount of money wagered. The more money gambled, the bigger the prize.
- In Paris, legislation prohibiting playing cards was passed in 1377, and in Italy, playing cards and dice were burned.