Silver Legacy's financial woes highlight Indian casinos' effects
One of Reno's splashiest resorts is fighting to stave off financial disaster as Northern California Indian casinos continue to grab market share.
Related Casino News:
- Calif. Indian casinos taking financial toll on Reno resorts
- Bond deal to aid Silver Legacy casino in Reno
- Morning business news - Oct 29
- Silver City area events July 27-29
- More congressional hearings on online gambling planned
- Scherer III admits to lying about financial woes
- N.H., R.I., see slot for Mass. revenue
- Nate Silver in Australia for poker tournament
- U.S. casino operator acquires Silver Dollar Casino
- Are There Any Tricks for Winning at Slots
- Casualties of recession turn to gambling
- Bankrupt Silver Dollar Casino sold
Do you know that:
- The current wave of legal lotteries started in New Hampshire, spread to other North-Eastern states, and then across the nation.
- Las Vegas is a testament of the powerful ability of gambling to foster economic development. Because of gambling, Las Vegas has shown impressive job growth, developed into a major city with a low tax burden that many state and local governments look at with envy.
- Playing cards are believed to have been invented in China and/or India sometime around 900 A.D. The Chinese are thought to have originated card games when they began shuffling paper money (another Chinese invention) into various combinations.
- Keno, the casino version of lotto, originated in China nearly 2000 years ago when Cheung Heung devised a lottery as a way of raising funds for his province's army.