Poker Championship a Great Success
Sherry Jones wasn’t sure she was going to play cards that night. She’d never played Texas Hold’Em on a large scale and was sure that her play would be ridiculed.
Related Poker News:
- American Poker Player Championship to be Hosted by Binion’s Casino and Omni Media & Entertainment
- PartyPoker Irish Poker Championship Info
- World Poker Tour on FSN: $25,000 World Championship - Part I
- Tasty Irish food, loose video poker, great atmosphere
- Poker Academy Challenges the World to Take on Advanced Poker Robot Polaris
- Hoosier’s robot is royal flush of poker world
- Binion’s Hosts Poker Tournament
- Flett Leads More Early 2012 Wichita Regional Poker Player Success
- Does Matt Giannetti’s Recent World Poker Tour Victory Translate to November Success?
- World Championship Poker: Featuring Howa..
- WSOP Circuit Poker at Caesars $10K Championship
- Dr. Pauly Reports Day 4 WPT Poker Championship
Interesting gambling facts:
- In 1911, the state of California ruled that "draw" poker was a skill, and thus could not be banned under existing anti-gambling laws. However, "Stud" poker was still considered illegal at the time.
- The term "turned the tables" is actually a chess term coming from the mid 1600's. When a player was losing, they would physically turn the chess table to assume the winning side of the table.
- 1993: Steve Wynn buys the Dune Hotel, then implodes it to make way for the Bellagio. The new MGM Grand is completed, once again becoming the world's largest hotel. On December 31, Barbra Streisand stars in the inaugural concert at the MGM Grand Garden Arena.
- Charles Fey invented the first slot machine way back in 1895. He went on to perfect his initial innovation in 1907, when he teamed with Mills Novelty Company who manufactured the "Mills Liberty Bell".