'Margaritaville' singer Jimmy Buffett gets gambling license for themed Las Vegas casino
LAS VEGAS - Nevada gambling regulators have approved a license that will let singer-songwriter Jimmy Buffett share in the gambling revenues from his Margaritaville casino in Las Vegas.
Related Gambling News:
- Margaritaville aims to show that Jimmy Buffett's brand can pull patrons to small Miss. casino
- Jimmy Buffett in Bossier for Margaritaville Casino groundbreaking
- Margaritaville casino to open Tuesday in Miss.
- Let The Fin Begin!
- Buffett ready to learn more about Seminole gambling deal
- Margaritaville Casino names leaders in Miss.
- Trump sells casino for $316 million
- Mohegans begin building Casino of the Wind
- From Buffett, Folksy Talk About Losing Serious Money
- Margaritaville Resort Casino Announces Completion of Financing
- Warren Buffett: I’ll match Republican contributions to debt
- Buffett, Phelps among high rollers in celebrity poker tournament
Casino gambling information:
- The most popular forms of illegal games are "numbers", which is essentially a lottery, and betting with bookies, typically sports betting.
- Riverboat Gaming Has Captured 20% of the Casino Market Share. Mississippi now has more gambling square footage than Atlantic City.
- French mathematicians Pierre de Fermat and Blaise Pascal explored the mathematics of gambling, leading to the formulation of Pascal's theory of probability in 1654.
- In 1978, New Jersey became the second state to legalize casino gambling in an attempt to revitalize the rundown resort area of Atlantic City. The legalization was restricted only to Atlantic City.