Tabcorp raises A$ 250 million
Australian gambling group Tabcorp Holdings Limited has announced that its offer of Tabcorp Subordinated Notes has been a success, raising A$ 250 million. A$200 million […]
Related Casino News:
- Tabcorp plans to demerge casino business from wagering and gaming business
- Tabcorp says casinos going strong
- Logo changes at Tabcorp
- Tabcorp First-Half Net Rises 13% on Casinos, Gaming
- Financial boost for Tabcorp
- Online good for Tabcorp
- Tabcorp kicks against casino tax bite
- Casinos on block in Tabcorp split
- Tabcorp revenues rise
- Tabcorp accused of $20m pay-off bid
- Tabcorp expands IPTV deal
- Tabcorp casinos doing well, thanks: CEO
Casino gambling facts:
- In 1891, Sittman and Pitt of Brooklyn began to manufacture the first nationally known poker card machines. The machines maintained their enormous popularity until just before World War I.
- Keno, the casino version of lotto, originated in China nearly 2000 years ago when Cheung Heung devised a lottery as a way of raising funds for his province's army.
- The age of electronic games began in 1964 with the Nevada Electronic's solid state "21" machines. The most successful of these was the Dale Electronics' Poker-Matic, which could be found in most Nevada casinos.
- Gambling is Often Legalized to Promote Economic Development of Depressed Areas. That was an important motivation in Las Vegas, Atlantic City, New Jersey, and many of the other locales for casinos.