Tabcorp raises A$ 250 million
Australian gambling group Tabcorp Holdings Limited has announced that its offer of Tabcorp Subordinated Notes has been a success, raising A$ 250 million. A$200 million […]
Related Casino News:
- Tabcorp plans to demerge casino business from wagering and gaming business
- Tabcorp says casinos going strong
- Logo changes at Tabcorp
- Tabcorp First-Half Net Rises 13% on Casinos, Gaming
- Financial boost for Tabcorp
- Tabcorp kicks against casino tax bite
- Casinos on block in Tabcorp split
- Tabcorp revenues rise
- Tabcorp accused of $20m pay-off bid
- Tabcorp expands IPTV deal
- Tabcorp casinos doing well, thanks: CEO
- New Aussie licence for Tabcorp
Gambling casinos info:
- Blackjack originated in French casinos around the 1700's where it was called "vingt-et-un" (twenty-and-one) and has been in United States since the 1800's.
- Although baccara has its origins in medieval Italy, it soon spread to France, where it was called "chemin de fer" (meaning railway, due to the action of the card box or shoe passing around the table on "tracks").
- Gambling is Often Legalized to Promote Economic Development of Depressed Areas. That was an important motivation in Las Vegas, Atlantic City, New Jersey, and many of the other locales for casinos.
- One of the oldest casinos in Europe, at Baden Baden in Germany, was opened in 1748 by Edouard Benazet, who employed Parisian craftsmen to design the stylish rooms.