Betfair to launch as a bookmaker
Online betting exchange Betfair is to launch itself as a bookmaker in a move designed to prevent customers deserting to rivals such as William Hill […]
Related Casino News:
- New ad campaign launch for Betfair
- Baccarat from Betfair
- Betfair Launches World’s First Betting Application for Internet-Connected TVs
- Betfair widens its offering
- Betfair and sportsbet win right to appeal in Australia
- Betfair to launch online trading facility
- Betfair launches new Playtech flash software
- Betfair shares snapped up
- Betfair launches first betting application for connected TVs
- Live dealer action at Betfair casino
- Betfair eyes major sports
- Another ground-breaking deal for Betfair
Gambling casinos info:
- Dog racing (a race among greyhounds who chase after a mechanical rabbit) operates in 17 states. Jai-alai (a game similar to handball) is legal in just three: Connecticut, Florida, and Rhode Island.
- Nevada is the oldest and largest legalized gaming center in the United States. Gaming was legalized in Nevada in 1931 in the middle of the Great Depression as a form of economic stimulant.
- A nationwide survey by the U.S. Travel Industry Association found that 38% of all U.S. residents have been to Las Vegas in their lifetime. The average length of visitors' stay in Las Vegas was almost 4 days (3.7).
- The name of the game "Poker" likely descended from the French poque, which descended from the German pochen ("to knock"), but it is not clear whether the games named by those terms were the real origins of poker.