New Record for Mega Millions lottery
This Friday will see Americans betting on what is being claimed as the world’s biggest ever lottery prize; Mega Millions has reached $476 million, and […]
Related Casino News:
- Record US Mega Millions lottery prize won
- WinTrillions: Butcher, Baker and Candlestick Maker Win Mega Millions Syndicate
- WinTrillions: Mega Millions Lottery Record Drives Surge in Syndicate Sales
- Mega Millions: World Record Lottery Jackpot Brings USA to a Grinding Halt
- Tickets go on Sale for World’s Luckiest Lottery at WinTrillions
- WinTrillions: Mega Millions Lottery Jackpot Breaks All Records
- Mega Millions lottery hits $500 million
- WinTrillions: World Goes Crazy as Mega Millions Lottery Jackpot Nears Record
- Mega MillionsÂ® Jackpot Soars to $640 Million Annuity, $462 Million Cash
- WinTrillions Lottery Syndicate Scores Â£51,387 After win on USA Powerball
- Three Italian Friends Share $250,000 Mega Millions Windfall at Congalotto
- WinTrillions Brings EuroMillions UK Raffle to the Masses
Interesting gambling information:
- A nationwide survey by the U.S. Travel Industry Association found that 38% of all U.S. residents have been to Las Vegas in their lifetime. The average length of visitors' stay in Las Vegas was almost 4 days (3.7).
- Keno, the casino version of lotto, originated in China nearly 2000 years ago when Cheung Heung devised a lottery as a way of raising funds for his province's army.
- French mathematicians Pierre de Fermat and Blaise Pascal explored the mathematics of gambling, leading to the formulation of Pascal's theory of probability in 1654.
- Gambling is Often Legalized to Promote Economic Development of Depressed Areas. That was an important motivation in Las Vegas, Atlantic City, New Jersey, and many of the other locales for casinos.