Gambling racket busted in China, 800 held
Beijing, March 31 (IANS) Over 800 people have been arrested and 115 gambling venues shut down in a cross-provincial police operation in China, the government said.
Related Gambling News:
- Betting racket busted in US, 5 NRIs held
- Gambling racket busted, 14 held
- Gambling and betting rackets busted, 149 held in Punjab
- Gambling racket busted, three indicted
- Genovese informant arrested for running gambling racket
- Google Joins Forces with China Mobile
- Overseas Gambling Popular Amongst Chinese
- China busts online football gambling rings
- Gambling crackdown activities last year prove fruitful
- Eastday-North China police smashes gambling gang, seizing 91
- Gambling operation busted in west Charlotte
- Lucknow: Cops running gambling den held
Interesting gambling information:
- Parimutuel wagering refers to the type of gambling where the total prize pool is based upon the amount of money wagered. The more money gambled, the bigger the prize.
- By the 18th and 19th centuries a dice game called Hazard had become popular in England and was played by the aristocracy in private gambling houses.
- Casino gambling, including Indian gaming, is legal in 27 states and most of the casinos have been built in the last 5 years according to "America's Gambling Fever", U. S. News and World Report, 15 Jan 1996
- Lotteries were brought to America in the 1800s by the thousands of Chinese immigrants who worked in the mines and on the railroads.