Lehigh Valley gambling addicts want Sands Casino Resort Bethlehem, state to help more
Every employee at Sands Casino Resort Bethlehem receives annual training on how to recognize a problem gambler. But Sue, an Easton resident, was not approached by any of them during her many screaming matches with her husband when he refused to give her more gambling money.
Related Gambling News:
- County gearing up for gambling’s dark side
- Police Preparing For Sands BethWorks Casino
- Chances better for Lehigh Valley slots proposals
- Sands Casino Opens in Bethlehem
- Official seeks views on gambling
- Lehigh Valley’s odds for slots improving
- Another casino hearing
- Bethlehem officials say city ready for good, bad Sands Casino Resort will bring
- TV town hall in Bethlehem to tackle status of Sands casino, new table games
- Gambling in the Valley
- Odds are good for gambling woes
- Universities offer help for gambling addicts
Interesting gambling facts:
- The El Rancho Casino & Hotel in Las Vegas was known for a few firsts. It was the first casino/resort on the Strip opening in 1941 with 63 guestrooms. It was also the first to offer a buffet. The cost of the buffet was only $1.00! The El Rancho burned down in 1960 and fortunately no one was hurt.
- The word Casino originally meant a public hall for music and dancing. By the second half of the 19th century, the term essentially meant a collection of gaming or gambling rooms. The classic example of a casino, is the casino at Monte-Carlo, which was opened in 1861.
- 2000: MGM Grand Inc. stages the gaming industry's largest corporate buyout with its $6 million purchase of Mirage Resorts Inc.
2005: Las Vegas celebrates one illustrious century on May 15.
- The most popular forms of illegal games are "numbers", which is essentially a lottery, and betting with bookies, typically sports betting.