Police treat online gambling just like other crime
LIMBANG: The police have never taken online gambling lightly and are keeping a keen eye on the activity in the district.
Related Gambling News:
- How NOT to treat players
- Another festive treat from Microgaming
- “Harm reduction,” not abstinence, used to treat gambling addicts
- Bookies face levy to treat problem gambling
- Gamesys: Jackpotjoy’s Free Slots Mobile App Launches on iTunes!
- Gamesys: Jackpotjoy's Free Slots Mobile App Launches on iTunes!
- ‘Harm reduction’ not abstinence used to treat gambling addicts
- Tropical treat from WinADay
- Gamesys: A Test Of Luck That Delivered An Online Bingo Treat at Jackpotjoy!
- Paddy Power Bingo and Super Free Bingo Join Forces to Celebrate Queen’s Jubilee
- Malaysian police bust another 11 online gambling operators
- Problem gambling set to explode
Gambling casinos history:
- Parimutuel wagering refers to the type of gambling where the total prize pool is based upon the amount of money wagered. The more money gambled, the bigger the prize.
- The word Casino originally meant a public hall for music and dancing. By the second half of the 19th century, the term essentially meant a collection of gaming or gambling rooms. The classic example of a casino, is the casino at Monte-Carlo, which was opened in 1861.
- Massachusetts decriminalized bingo in 1931 in an attempt to help churches and charitable organizations raise money. Bingo was legal in 11 states by the 1950s, usually only for charity purposes.
- Gambling is Often Legalized to Promote Economic Development of Depressed Areas. That was an important motivation in Las Vegas, Atlantic City, New Jersey, and many of the other locales for casinos.