Does Supreme Court decision on smoking apply to bingo.
CHARLESTON, W.Va. — A state Supreme Court decision upholding the rights of county Boards of Health to prohibit smoking at charitable raffles is raising debate over whether the ruling also applies to charitable bingo. In a 4-1 decision Friday, th…
Related Bingo News:
- Supreme Court decision to stay out of slots highlights Palm Beach County case
- Kentucky Supreme Court Favors State In Online Gambling Case
- Kentucky Supreme Court Hears Online Gambling Case
- BREAKING NEWS: State will take sports betting to Supreme Court
- Supreme Courts decision keeps Indian casinos in Wisconsin
- Wis. Supreme Court upholds Indian gambling
- Future of gambling in state could rest in coming State Supreme Court decision
- State Supreme Court Considers Poker Issue
- Supreme Court stays bingo ruling, state to keep machines, money
- Alabama Supreme Court decision influence Jefferson County bingo case, judge says
- Costner Takes Casino Battle to South Dakota Supreme Court
- Southwest Casino Corporation Announces Minnesota Supreme Court Denies Review of Decision Upholding License to Build
Gambling casinos info:
- Lotteries, along with their close derivative bingo, are the most popular kinds of gambling. The popularity of lottery games is not limited to state-run lotteries. Indian tribes run lotteries and illegal lotteries still exist.
- The introduction of the single zero wheel (with better odds for the player) resulted in the demise of the double zero wheels in Europe and has become known as the "French Wheel" in roulette history.
- In 1973, the Commission on the Review of National Policy toward Gambling was created to study gambling in the United States.
- 1973: The MGM Grand opens on the Strip, becoming the world's largest hotel.
1989: One of Vegas's most extravag-ant hotels opens. Steve Wynn's Mirage resort features a man-made volcano and over 3,000 rooms. Siegfried and Roy sign a $57 million, five-year contract to provide entertainment at the hotel.