Abbotsford council takes gamble on slot machine increase
Abbotsford city council has voted to increase the number of slot machines at the local gaming centre.
Related Slots News:
- Abbotsford council cans slot machine expansion without public input
- Abbotsford council to reconsider sending slots machine expansion
- Slot machine plan opposed in Abbotsford
- Public debates merit of slot machine expansion
- UPDATED: Slot machine increase to go to public hearing
- Bingo Assoc. hopes to collar liquor licence
- Community gaming centre opening delayed
- Jackson: A gamble on gambling %%head%%Jackson will take a gamble on slots
- CELEBRATING STRINGS AND SLOTS
- Anne Arundel Council suspends review of slot machine bills
- Our Say: Council should have enough guts to vote on slots
- City Council poised to vote on permanent slot facility
Do you know that:
- During the 1950s, the Senate Committee to Investigate Organized Crime in Interstate Commerce held a number of hearings on criminal influence in the casino industry. The committee was chaired by Senator Estes Kefauver, and the committee is also known by his name.
- The term "turned the tables" is actually a chess term coming from the mid 1600's. When a player was losing, they would physically turn the chess table to assume the winning side of the table.
- Many casinos in Nevada were financed by mobsters. Most notable perhaps was Las Vegas' Flamingo which was opened in 1947 by Bugsy Siegel.
- Blackjack originated in French casinos around the 1700's where it was called "vingt-et-un" (twenty-and-one) and has been in United States since the 1800's.