Too many ads at footy? You bet
Football fans can consume more than five hours of sports betting ads during a two-hour game.
Related Sports Betting News:
- Live - Is gambling hurting footy?
- Footy codes urged to curb problem gambling
- Footy betting competition called into question
- Odds against footy betting cheats
- Live betting ads to be banned from TV
- Dundovic sports the AFL look
- Footy to gain in Dogs’ deal
- MCG to ban live odds at footy: report
- Footy great backs gambling campaign
- Fevola reveals suicide attempt
- Government in push to police footy betting
- Footy codes back $5000 sports betting register
Gambling history facts:
- As early as 1420, lotteries were used in Europe for public works. High-value commodities such as land and art were often sold through lotteries.
- The famous banker J.P. Morgan once walked out of a Monte Carlo casino because the stakes were too low? At the time, the maximum wager was 12,000 francs and Morgan wanted it increased to 20,000 francs. When the casino manager refused to increase the limit, Morgan left the casino saying "12,000 francs! I have no time to lose such ridiculous amounts."
- In 1980, the American Psychological Association included pathological gambling in their Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Third Edition (DSM-III).
- Riverboat Gaming Has Captured 20% of the Casino Market Share. Mississippi now has more gambling square footage than Atlantic City.