The Senate’s casino giveaway
Our view: Bill to add another slots parlor and table games promises massive benefits to casino operators but little for the state A bill allowing table games at Maryland’s five casino sites and creating a sixth in Prince George’s Countypassed the Senate last week and arrived in the House of Delegates with some momentum in advance of a hearing … (more)
Related Poker News:
- Kiwi Bingo Launches New Promotion
- Amazon Kindle Up for Grabs in City Bingo R+R Giveaway This Week
- Beacon Hill Roll Call
- CasinoRewards.com: $10,000,000 Given Away!
- Dont bet on bingo vote yet
- Barona Resort & Casino Toasts to 2012 With New Year’s Eve Rapid Fire Power Giveaway
- Casinos have ‘friendly’ rivalry, woo Palm Beach County gamblers
- SunCruz Casinos Celebrates Winners of Holiday Giveaway
- Costa Bingo Prepares for Summer with Garden Giveaway
- Baker, Keahey discuss bingo issue
- Barona Resort & Casino’s $1.5 Million Cadillac-a-Day Giveaway in November
- BetVictor Poker launches 50,000 Secret Agent Sit ‘N Go Giveaway
Gambling casinos info:
- Nevada is the oldest and largest legalized gaming center in the United States. Gaming was legalized in Nevada in 1931 in the middle of the Great Depression as a form of economic stimulant.
- Video Poker machines were introduced in the 1970s, when an oil embargo had a negative impact on Vegas revenues. The machines were popular enough to spark a recovery in casino business.
- Pathological gambling is recognized as a medical disorder by the American Psychiatric Association and has elements of addiction similar to alcohol and drug addiction.
- In 1911 US legislation prohibited stud poker but ruled that draw poker was a game of skill and therefore was not illegal.