Delaware Park Poker Classic Ends 20-Day Pokerthon on a High Note
With the promise of over $1 million in Guaranteed prize monies and the presence of Poker World Champion Greg “Fossil Man” Raymer, Delaware Park’s 2nd Annual Poker Classic hosted 9,223 poker players during the 20-day period and distributed over $1,427,146 in prize money.
Related Poker News:
- $400,000 Delaware Park Poker Classic Set for April 1 Start
- Delaware Park Poker Classic Offers over $1 Million in Guaranteed Prize Money March 14-April 2
- College Mansion Partners with Casino at Delaware Park for the State’’s 2011 Bud Light Fantasy Calendar Photo Shoot
- Delaware Park To Set World Record for Longest Continuous Poker Tournament
- Delaware Park Collecting for Food Bank of Delaware
- Delaware Park Mega Bad Beat Jackpot Hits
- Live Table Games Debut at Delaware Park on June
- Delaware Park to Collect Canned Goods for the Food Bank of
- Delaware Park Donates 5,770 Pounds of Food to the Food Bank of
- $62,077 Mega Bad Beat Jackpot Hits at Delaware
- The Casino At Delaware Park Poker Tournament
- Delaware Park Poker Room Attempts To Set Guinness World Record for Longest Continuous Poker Tournament
Interesting gambling facts:
- The most popular form of charitable gambling is bingo. In California, bingo is the only charitable game that is legal.
- Las Vegas in Nevada owes its success to the mobster Benjamin "Bugsy" Siegel who organized gaming and bookmaking operations for The Mob (the Mafia).
- Baccara (Italian) or baccarat (French) both translate to "zero" in English. The importance of this name is found in the tens and face cards, both sharing the zero value.
- French mathematicians Pierre de Fermat and Blaise Pascal explored the mathematics of gambling, leading to the formulation of Pascal's theory of probability in 1654.