Slot fans, casinos in midst of 'golden age of free play'
The amount of free play awarded by Pennsylvania casinos has climbed consistently since legal slots debuted in November 2006.
Related Casino News:
- Golden Nugget Casino issue may cost more than reward
- $10 million slot jackpot: That’s a lotta nickels
- Golden Casino Group hosts Job Fair
- World Match debuts Golden Flash
- Affinity Gaming Announces Sale of its Slot Route and Pahrump Casinos, and Acquisition of Golden Casino Group in Black …
- Golden Gaming OKs deal to manage four casinos
- Slot machine serves a mint to ex-waitress
- Bingo Games At Golden Arches During Golden Years
- Major progressive jackpot hit at Golden Riviera Casino
- Widow, 84, Wins Record $10M Slot Jackpot
- Golden Man Wins $10.4M Slots Jackpot In Reno
- Thanks, but no thanks say Golden Nugget gamblers
Gambling casinos history:
- In Paris, legislation prohibiting playing cards was passed in 1377, and in Italy, playing cards and dice were burned.
- Parimutuel wagering refers to the type of gambling where the total prize pool is based upon the amount of money wagered. The more money gambled, the bigger the prize.
- In 1978, New Jersey became the second state to legalize casino gambling in an attempt to revitalize the rundown resort area of Atlantic City. The legalization was restricted only to Atlantic City.
- It was during the 1930's that slot machines began to become very popular across America, and in the late 40's Bugsy Siegel added machines to his Flamingo Hilton hotel in Las Vegas.