Slot fans, casinos in midst of 'golden age of free play'
The amount of free play awarded by Pennsylvania casinos has climbed consistently since legal slots debuted in November 2006.
Related Casino News:
- Golden Nugget Casino issue may cost more than reward
- $10 million slot jackpot: That’s a lotta nickels
- Golden Casino Group hosts Job Fair
- World Match debuts Golden Flash
- Affinity Gaming Announces Sale of its Slot Route and Pahrump Casinos, and Acquisition of Golden Casino Group in Black …
- Golden Gaming OKs deal to manage four casinos
- Slot machine serves a mint to ex-waitress
- Bingo Games At Golden Arches During Golden Years
- Major progressive jackpot hit at Golden Riviera Casino
- Widow, 84, Wins Record $10M Slot Jackpot
- Golden Man Wins $10.4M Slots Jackpot In Reno
- Maker of Golden Tee video game expanding to slots
Interesting gambling information:
- In 1911, the state of California ruled that "draw" poker was a skill, and thus could not be banned under existing anti-gambling laws. However, "Stud" poker was still considered illegal at the time.
- The Great Wall of China was financed, in part, by a lottery. The Bible is replete with references to drawing lots. Lot casting was a favored means of communication between man and god.
- U.S. News and World Report did a comparison of crime rates in cities with gambling versus those that do not. The crime rates were significantly higher in the places that allowed gambling.
- 1967: Elvis Presley marries Priscilla Anne Beaulieu on May 1 in the chapel of the Aladdin Hotel.
1970: Binion's Horseshoe casino hosts the first World Series of Poker.
1971: Female card dealers begin working on the Strip for the first time.