German Deli owner Jim Bowyer a Fort Worth poker player
Poker players have long suffered from having a bad reputation as shady gamblers.
Related Poker News:
- Deli chain’s new owner keeps games
- Dominican deli owner hits the Powerball
- Oregon Lottery welcomes new owner of Dotty’s Deli stores
- Dotty’s Deli robbed again
- German Domain Name Casino.de Sold for USD 591,000.00
- German states on a collision course with EC
- Germany abandons monopolised gambling
- German confusion
- German refs goes on trial for match fixing
- The German grey zone
- EC renews warnings to Sweden and Germany
- German lottery site plans UK debut
Gambling casinos info:
- Parimutuel wagering refers to the type of gambling where the total prize pool is based upon the amount of money wagered. The more money gambled, the bigger the prize.
- Horse racing is the best known and widespread parimutuel betting event. Horse racing is the only form of partimutuel wagering legal in California.
- 1946: Two famous landmarks open: Bugsy Siegel's Flamingo, and the Golden Nugget. Nevada levies its first gaming tax.
1949: Benny Binion sets up a high-stakes poker game at his Horseshoe casino between Nick "The Greek" Dandalos and Johnny Moss. It turns into an epic five-month poker match, laying the foundations for the World Series of Poker.
- 1905: The town of Las Vegas is founded when the San Pedro, Los Angeles and Salt Lake Railroad Company holds a land auction at the site on May 15.
1912: The Majestic - Las Vegas's very first theater - opens, featuring the best vaudeville acts and motion pictures of the time.