German Deli owner Jim Bowyer a Fort Worth poker player
Poker players have long suffered from having a bad reputation as shady gamblers.
Related Poker News:
- Deli chain’s new owner keeps games
- Dominican deli owner hits the Powerball
- Oregon Lottery welcomes new owner of Dotty’s Deli stores
- Dotty’s Deli robbed again
- German Domain Name Casino.de Sold for USD 591,000.00
- German states on a collision course with EC
- Germany abandons monopolised gambling
- German confusion
- German refs goes on trial for match fixing
- The German grey zone
- EC renews warnings to Sweden and Germany
- German lottery site plans UK debut
Gambling casinos info:
- The name blackjack came from an early bet (since discontinued) that paid 10 to 1 if the player got a jack of spades and an ace of spades, both black cards, as the first two cards.
- U.S. News and World Report did a comparison of crime rates in cities with gambling versus those that do not. The crime rates were significantly higher in the places that allowed gambling.
- 1993: Steve Wynn buys the Dune Hotel, then implodes it to make way for the Bellagio. The new MGM Grand is completed, once again becoming the world's largest hotel. On December 31, Barbra Streisand stars in the inaugural concert at the MGM Grand Garden Arena.
- The major differences between regular poker and video poker is that you are playing against a machine rather than real people, and your goal is to achieve particular hands rather than beat opponents hands.