Cinderella stories Bunch of B.S.
Julie Jacobson / The Associated Press archives Anyone who tries to tell you they haveni 1 2t had major setbacks in their poker careers is bluffing you big time.
Related Poker News:
- Market sez: The ‘Cinderella Man’ guy
- Stories to watch in the Poconos in 2009
- Stories to watch at the 2012 WSOP
- Corruption, Haiti and poker were among South Florida’s top stories in 2010
- Top Five Poker Stories To Watch Out For in 2012
- Inside Stories
- Final Four Scouting Reports
- Valley Forge Casino Resort rolling out the dice Saturday, 12:01 a.m.
- Valley Forge Casino set to open Friday night
- Mark Starr: The Top Sports Stories of 2005
- Other stories from Election 2005
- NCAA Tournament Bracket Selections
Gambling casinos history:
- One of the oldest casinos in Europe, at Baden Baden in Germany, was opened in 1748 by Edouard Benazet, who employed Parisian craftsmen to design the stylish rooms.
- The first legal lottery in the twentieth century was the New Hampshire Sweepstakes which began on March 12, 1964. Currently 37 states and the District of Columbia operate lotteries.
- By the 1370s, playing cards had reached Europe in a form that is recognizable today, with a pack consisting of 52 cards with suits of swords, polo-sticks, cups and coins.
- French mathematicians Pierre de Fermat and Blaise Pascal explored the mathematics of gambling, leading to the formulation of Pascal's theory of probability in 1654.