St. Joseph to host Basket Bingo event
Fayette — St. Joseph Catholic Church in Fayette is hosting a Basket Bingo event on Saturday. For $20, attendees can get 20 games of bingo to win a number of Longaberger items, including baskets, pottery and home decor. Extra bingo cards are $10.
Related Bingo News:
- St. Michael’s Basket Bingo
- CCHS to host basket bingo
- News in brief: Band boosters to host basket bingo
- FFF to host purse, tote and basket bingo
- Fall Foliage Festival to host Basket Bingo
- Vendors can sign up for fundraising Basket Bingo and Vendor Fair
- PTA to hold basket bingo
- Basket Bingo includes Health Fair
- HHS track boosters host basket bingo
- Little Victories to host a basket, bear bingo
- Little Victories to host basket bingo
- Chamber To Host Basket Bingo
Interesting gambling facts:
- Casino chips were used in the 18th century as a substitute for money being wagered. Originally, they were pieces of bones, mother of pearl or ivory engraved with the name of the casino and their respective value.
- Horse racing is the best known and widespread parimutuel betting event. Horse racing is the only form of partimutuel wagering legal in California.
- In Cuba, during the 1950's, the blackjack shoe was first introduced. The dealers in Cuba handled the cards really well and management thought that the dealers may be being a little too good to their friends. So, to curb their suspicions, management decided to use a "dealing box" which is currently known as a shoe.
- The name blackjack came from an early bet (since discontinued) that paid 10 to 1 if the player got a jack of spades and an ace of spades, both black cards, as the first two cards.