Georgia police arrest 18 in illegal gambling raids
JONESBORO, Ga. – Law officers seized more than $100,000 in cash and assets and arrested 18 during illegal gambling raids in Clayton County, Ga.
Related Gambling News:
- Kentwood Police Arrest 20 for Suspected Illegal Gambling
- Raid on illegal gambling in Emanuel and Toombs Counties
- Police suspect 3 of illegal gambling
- Police intensify ops against illegal gambling
- Yanga orders arrest of all gambling lords
- POLICE BUST ILLEGAL 4-D GAMBLING SYNDICATE
- San Antonio police make third arrest in illegal poker operation
- Anti-online gambling raids on Georgia internet stores
- Police Bust Illegal Gambling House in Columbia
- Police arrest 2 more in illegal gambling case
- Temerloh police cripple illegal gambling syndicate
- Police arrest man accused of running gambling operation out of home
Gambling casinos info:
- Bingo as we know it today is a form of lottery and is a direct descendant of Lo Giuoco del Lotto d'Italia - the Italian National Lottery organized in 1530.
- French mathematicians Pierre de Fermat and Blaise Pascal explored the mathematics of gambling, leading to the formulation of Pascal's theory of probability in 1654.
- Riverboat casinos were first legalized in Iowa, then Illinois, followed closely by Missouri, Indiana, Louisiana, and Mississippi.
- In 1911 US legislation prohibited stud poker but ruled that draw poker was a game of skill and therefore was not illegal.