Utah Governor urges federal leaders to oppose online gambling legalisation
Having already outlawed any possibility of legalised online gambling in his home state of Utah (see previous InfoPowa reports), state governor Gary Herbert extended his […]
Related Casino News:
- Utah.Gov: Most Honored State Government Website in Nation
- Utah defends states´ right on gambling
- Utah governor: Internet poker a state issue, not a federal one
- Governor makes it official – no online gambling in Utah
- Senator urges Corzine to sue over sports betting ban
- Utah lawmakers taking no chances on gambling
- Casino no done deal for tribal leaders
- Web-gambling ring in Utah?
- Utah anti-online gambling bill moves forward
- Utah Gov Signs Anti-Online Gambling Bill; State Opts Out of Any Internet Poker Regulation
- Bunkley urges immediate action against gambling expansion
- Caesar’s exec urges federal online gambling regulation
Gambling history facts:
- Lotteries Have Been Prominent Throughout History. Ancient India, China, Greece, and Japan all had lotteries. The emperor Nero had lotteries for prizes at parties.
- The Gold Rush brought a huge increase in the amount and types of gambling to California. San Francisco replaced New Orleans as the center for gambling in the United States.
- One of the oldest casinos in Europe, at Baden Baden in Germany, was opened in 1748 by Edouard Benazet, who employed Parisian craftsmen to design the stylish rooms.
- The most significant forms of illegal gambling in the United States are numbers, betting with bookmakers or bookies, and sports pools or sports cards.